Monday: I Feel Healthier Already
Spent Sunday afternoon at Maryvale Baseball Park watching the Brewers and White Sox. I know we’re an obese nation, but Maryvale was Great Moments in the History of Fat People. Now that we have health care reform, maybe that will help.
Anyway, here are some things to get your Monday started (hey, it’s just started here, I’m in Pacific Time):
- If you missed it, the MLS players and owners came to a deal on a new collective bargaining agreement over the weekend, salvaging the start of the league’s 15th season. Ridge has more details. And lazy idiot Norman Chad’s column basically wrote itself. Or copied and pasted itself, one.
- The Coyotes, they are hot. Tuned in yesterday in time to catch the end of the third period, the overtime and the shootout. Can you imagine they might not just make the playoffs, they might be the #1 seed in the West? The mind boggles.
- Interesting read here on Pitch Invasion about England’s new women’s soccer league. Really interesting, the notion that “The Super League will be played in Summer, which of course means our supporters can enjoy watching our games in beautiful weather, warm sunny afternoons and balmy evenings, with all the benefits this will bring, enabling our club to make each football match a fantastic enjoyable and memorable experience.” Huh. You don’t say. See, you try to do that in America, people don’t grasp that concept. But, seriously, folks, with the Super League and WPS playing at the same time of year, it’ll be interesting to see how players react with two viable options and how that impacts WPS’ frugality.
- I guess Tiger Woods talked to a couple of reporters, and I guess it was on television and I guess he’s sorry.
- I’d like to go see that new movie “Repo Men,” but I think I already saw it in 1976 when it was called “Logan’s Run.”
- Finally, Happy 79th Birthday to William Shatner!