Meanwhile, John Doyle? The top allocation spot?Â No.Â Not yours.
- Congrats to Andrew Bell, named president of the Charleston Battery of USL-1. Andrew is a good guy and aÂ terrific announcer and I’m sure he’ll do good things there. He’s a soccer guy and we Yanks are lucky to have him in American soccer.
- A Tacoma columnist notices that they sure do plaster corporate names on top of a lot of things in sports these days. His next three columns: “TV Has Begun Dictating the Start Times of Games,” “Instant Replay? When Did That Happen?” and “Is Interleague Play Good for Baseball?”
- Cathal Kelly jumps on the anti-streamer bandwagon.
- Meanwhile in Montreal, they’re taking a poke at Toronto and BMO Field.
- They’re facing a real uphill battle to get a stadium built with public money in DC, says the Washington Post.
- The sad death of former Tampa Bay Buccaneer Tom McHale from the Tampa Trib.
- Michael Pittman has signed with the Broncos. That doesn’t violate his parole or nothin’, does it?
- And that Gator softball team? They’re pretty good.