This, That And The Other Thing
- Looks like Arena Football is going to take 2009 off. Can they come back in 2010? I don’t know. Things seemed to be going so well until recently. Something tells me this won’t be the only casualty of the recession when it comes to niche sports leagues.
- Don Garber wants MLS in Portland. Portland thinks it may have a place to put its baseball team so that an MLS team can have PGE Park all to itself. And either Garber or the reporter in the first piece thinks that FIFA mandates an upper limit of 18 teams in domestic leagues, which will come as a surprise to those of you reading in England, Spain, Italy, France, Brazil and Argentina.
- To no one’s surprise, Sigi Schmid is bailing from Columbus and will likely land in Seattle.
- New England’s Michael Parkhurst is on his way to Denmark, where, presumably, he will actually have to tackle someone eventually.
- My Rowdies may have trouble getting their stadium built because of NIMBY concerns.