So who is this guy, and why should you care what he thinks about anything? I can’t answer the latter question, but as for the former:
- I’m a middle-aged guy who moved in 2007 from the Chicago area to Arizona, where I work in marketing and communications.
- I’m divorced with two wonderful, college-aged kids and a really cool girlfriend;
- I’m a soccer fan (though we’re not as close as we used to be, the game and me) and used to work for professional indoor and outdoor soccer teams in Indianapolis. My dad, my son and I went to the World Cup in Germany in the summer of 2006 and I wrote a book about it;
- I spent several years as a radio and television sportscaster full-time, and for many years part-time, but I retired from that in late 2012.
- At various times, I’ve been a basketball and football official, journalism instructor, TV commercial director and writer/edtior.
- I’m a big fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Gators and Tampa Bay Lightning; and
- Yeah, I’m opinionated. Yeah, I’m a pompous ass online. Sorry. Don’t read if that offends you, Larry.
Those are the basics. More later. Drop me a line if you like. I’d love to hear from you.